“THE BEST YES”
All too often, we put too much pressure on ourselves. We are asked of too much from others: too many favors, too much pressure from our kids, our bosses, our friends. Our calendars get overbooked with events, families ask for money, or for babysitting…friends need your help last minute. Saying “YES” can sometimes feel good because in this world, you want to be able to help in any way that you can without feeling the pressure of wanting to actually say “NO”. After reading through this new book I bought called “The Best Yes: Making Wise Decisions in the Midst of Endless Demands by Lysa TerKeurst, I wanted to share with you a few of my favorite quotes so that you can feel like you are making the best decisions for your life.
The pressure of this crazy world can sometimes be too demanding and you need to make sure that before you say “YES”, you are able to live up to it the best possible way that you can. Sometimes saying “YES” will be a game changer in your life, but if at that moment you second guess your “YES”, you hear that voice in your head saying “NO” this wont benefit me or I don’t feel good doing it, then dig up the confidence to just say “NO”! When you want to say No and you end up saying “YES” sometimes your don’t mean your yes and then you resent it or who ever you are doing the favor for. Your “YES” has to come from your heart and you have to want to do it with no added pressure!
Ask yourself these questions before these little favors, calendar dates, family requests/parties, job offers and meetings creep up on you.
- Will this benefit me and my family and will I feel good about saying YES?
- How will this benefit me and my family and how will this help out our current situation?
- Why am I saying “YES” to this decision?
- Do I have time to help out my friend who is need of a place to live or in need of some extra cash?
- How will I feel after I have helped out my friend? ( stressed, happy, generous, caring, taken advantage)
- Will this new job offer have growth opportunities? If so, then YES is a great answer
- Do I want to really host a play date at my house with a bunch of screaming kids and a messy pop corn filled living room
- Can I afford that trip that I really wanna take or should I be more careful with my spending and pay off my credit card instead.
- Are we really ready for a new baby and do we really have what it takes to take care of 3 crazy kids?
- Will I be able to complete the Marathon or extremely difficult CLASS at JNA that Alina is teaching…. (YES!!!!)
Saying Yes to everything means you’re not really saying Yes — it means you’re not setting priorities. You’re not making a serious commitment. You’re not being conscious about your life. Don’t say yes anymore. Either say “HELL YA” or just say no. Do what you can handle at that moment!
Here are the amazing quotes that I love from this awesome “BEST YES” book from Lysa Terkeurst::
“A woman who lives with the stress of an overwhelmed schedule will often ache with the sadness of an underwhelmed soul.”
“We must not confuse the command to love with the disease to please.”
“The decisions you make today matter. Every decision points your life in the direction you are about to travel. No decision is an isolated choice. It’s a chain of events. If you choose wisely, your future will reflect that. But if you don’t choose wisely, the decisions you make now will take you to places you don’t want to be later.”
“Not making a decision is actually a decision. It’s the decision to stay the same.”
“Whenever you say yes to something, there is less of you for something else. Make sure your yes is worth the less.”
“Imagine this opportunity as an amazingly attractive but fast-moving river. There is so much that looks extremely appealing about this river, you’re going to be tempted to jump right in. But once you are in the river, you have diminished your ability to make decisions. That river is moving so fast that it will take you where it is going. And if you haven’t carefully traced out in advance whether you want to go through and to the places that river flows, you’ll be in trouble.”
Want more Tips!
We value your privacy and would never spam you